Kevin’s ‘Evidence Based Soft Tissue Skills’, 3rd Ed. is now part of the IFOMPT post-conference course syllabus. See below for details.
Kevin regularly teaches postgraduate physiotherapy courses across the UK and Europe with his acclaimed ‘Evidence-based Soft Tissue Skills’ course, aimed at helping qualified physiotherapists, chiropractors and osteopaths incorporate soft tissue skills into their clinical practice. He is a clinical Educator for the MSc course in Manipulative Physiotherapy at the University of Brighton and Hertfordshire University, and has recently delivered his course in Spain, Italy and Poland . He was principal lecturer for ZoneSeven, a UK soft tissue related course provider.
Kevin is currently developing several more evidence-based courses and last year was awarded a clinical research internship at the University of Brighton. He has been awarded the prestigious National Institute of Health (NIHR) Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship to conduct PhD research into shoulder impingement. Click here to join our mailing list if you want to be the first to know when any new courses go live.
‘Evidence Based Soft Tissue Skills’
This is a thinking, hands-on course. It is ideal if you want to enhance your skill and range of soft tissue assessment and treatment techniques. You will also be able to apply these with an evidence base and greater depth of thought, and tailor them to the individual you are treating. Kevin combines a wide range of clinical and teaching experience so you will leave this course with new ideas, a consolidation of current thinking and your manual and soft tissue skills and knowledge greatly enhanced. The whole course is designed to be integrated into your daily practice, so if hands-on skills is what you want to excel at, you will enjoy these packed two days. The course is a mixture of discussions and practical. There are case studies to promote your clinical problem solving and integration of the techniques taught into clinical practice. Because it has such a high practical element, numbers are small – there is a maximum of 20 people on each course and they run over two days.
… new courses …
Kevin will be delivering this course at the International Federation of Manual Therapists Conference (IFOMPT), Glasgow 2016 on 9 and 10 July 2016. Please follow the link for booking information.
European Courses will be booking soon, in Italy and Poland, for Autumn/Winter 2016.
Some recent feedback for this course
- “Wonderful pragmatic approach”
- “I think all manual therapists should attend. Large practical component, a very knowledgeable and competent tutor. Friendly and approachable with fabulous handling skills.”
- “Kevin’s knowledge and teaching style was great. Excellent presentation, clear and non patronising with thorough practicals; interesting and clinically relevant.”
- “Fantastic course. Will help extend your scope of practice and open your eyes to treating soft tissue pathology.”
- “Excellent consolidation of an area that can easily get very overwhelming. Kevin has a good knowledge of the subject and a global understanding that helps the delivery.”
- “Possibly the best course I have ever been on. Really enjoyed it and learned so much. Fantastic that everything was supported with evidence.”
- “This course is a must for all those wanting to improve their knowledge, skill and confidence in assessing, handling and treating specific soft tissue problems. Kevin is a fantastic instructor.”
- “Kevins knowledge and teaching style was great –‐ made new knowledge fit into context of present knowledge base. Really good integration of subjective assessment and objective findings through to choosing treatment techniques.”